Think Falls First for Holiday Shopping
Whether your holiday shopping gets underway on Black Friday or Small Business Saturday (or both), there are an abundance of Falls Township retailers to support when buying gifts.
As part of our Live Here, Spend Here campaign we highlight local businesses in Falls Township and encourage residents to patronize them to help the local economy thrive. During the holiday season, there is no better time to shop local.
Falls Township has plenty of chain retailers and large department stores for your Black Friday(November 25) shopping. Below are a few suggestions for your gift-giving needs:
- Best Buy (310 Commerce Boulevard) is a tech-lover’s dream, particularly for unbeatable deals on the iPhone 7, HDTVs, laptops and more. Here’s a look at the retailer’s top picks for the 2016 shopping season.
- Gabriel Brothers, Inc. (495 S. Oxford Valley Road) or Gabe’s as it’s commonly called, opened a new retail location in Fairless Hills in October. The store boasts name-brand fashion for women, men and kids at a fraction of the cost.
- Rally House (124 Commerce Boulevard) is the go-to store for all the latest in Eagles, Flyers and Phillies gear. The store also carries collegiate team merchandise for Penn State, Temple and more.
- DICK’s Sporting Goods (150 Commerce Boulevard) carries athletic apparel, sneakers and equipment for every sport, including basketball, baseball, football, lacrosse, archery, fishing, skating and more. Jerseys and other gear for regional professional sports teams, including the Eagles, Phillies and Flyers are also popular.
- Barnes & Noble (210 Commerce Boulevard) offers a wide array of best-selling books for young and adult readers alike, plus much more. Find unique gifts ranging from puzzles, popular collectibles (“Walking Dead” and Marvel Comics), crafts, children’s games and various LEGO collections.
- Five Below (128 Commerce Boulevard) Who doesn’t love a store where the most expensive item is $5? This kid and teen-inspired store sells everything from yoga pants and tongue-in-cheek graphic T-shirts, to room décor, games, puzzles, DVDs and more. Many of the items are great for stocking stuffers or Pollyanna gift exchanges.
Since it began in 2010, Small Business Saturday, which is held annually the Saturday after Thanksgiving (November 26), encourages holiday shoppers to patronize the mom and pop shops in or near where they live – after the Black Friday shopping frenzy.
In Falls Township, there’s no shortage of locally owned shops, restaurants and service providers. Below are a few suggestions:
- Fab Finds (323 Lincoln Highway, US 1-Business) is the spot for rare, antique and vintage memorabilia. From Norman Rockwell plates, to home décor and primitive furniture, the store offers unique treasures and gifts for everyone on your list.
- Bike King (364 W. Trenton Avenue) offers a wide range of bikes for beginning riders to avid cyclists and every bike rider in between.
- Joe Z Guitar(165 Falls-Tullytown Road) is a great place to shop for a guitar for your loved one. The store is an authorized service center for various guitars, including Fender and Gibson.
- One Brew at a Time (229 Plaza Boulevard) offers a vast selection of single-serve coffee, tea and hot chocolate. Shoppers can mix and match varieties and create gift baskets, making the store a must-stop shop for folks seeking an extraordinary coffee experience for a loved one or office staff.
- Fashion Re-View (636 Lincoln Highway) is a family-owned upscale consignment shop offering brand-new and gently worn designer clothing, purses and accessories.
- Boardwalk Sunsations Tanning (636 Lincoln Highway #12) is a spray and UV tanning salon, which also offers locally made jewelry, soaps, signs and other trinkets. Gift cards are available.
Gift cards for local restaurants offer your loved ones an opportunity to enjoy a fine meal on you. Falls Township has plenty of locally operated dining choices to choose from.
- Michael’s Restaurant (935 Lincoln Highway) specializes in classic continental fare, including a variety of pasta, seafood, steak and chicken. Customers enjoy the restaurant’s tableside entrees, which are prepared over an open flame and served fresh.
- Cancun Mexican Restaurant (110 Lincoln Highway) features an extensive variety of Mexican favorites, including fajitas, shrimp dishes, chimichangas, tacos, burritos and more.
- Pat’s Pizza & Bistro (8630 New Falls Road) offers a variety of handmade pasta dishes, as well as gourmet pizzas, Stromboli, calzones, cheesesteaks, wraps and rustic sandwiches.
- Salute Ristorante (368 W. Trenton Avenue) prepares authentic Italian cuisine, pasta masterpieces and entrée favorites, including Salmon Livornese, Veal or Chicken Sinatra and Italian Roast Chicken.
- Cosmos Restaurant & Bar (980 Trenton Road) offers two dozen specialty martinis, a large selection of hearth-fired pizzas, gourmet pizzas, pasta, seafood and steak entrees, as well as comfort food, including meat loaf and mashed potatoes.