Boating is allowed in the lake at the Falls Township Community Park, a launch permit is NOT required to use the lake for boating, however the following rules must be followed:
1. Boats, canoes, sailboats and inflatable boats with two or more air chambers and a minimum length of 7’ are permitted. Novelty-type water craft is prohibited
2. No gas powered motor boats allowed
3. Boats over 16’ in length are not permitted except for canoes, which may be 18’ long
4. Serviceable and properly fitted U.S. Coast Guard approved personal flotation devices must accompany each occupant of a water craft. These devices must be worn at all times by non-swimmers and children under 12 years of age
5. Water craft load may not exceed load limits of the manufacturer’s safe carrying capacity
6. Water craft operators must be at least 16 years old
7. All water craft must be operated in a safe and prudent manner, with due regard for others rights
8. PA Fish Commission laws apply to all water craft
9. Boats must be rigged/loaded prior to ramp entrance
10. Serviceable and properly fitted lifejackets must be worn by all boaters November 1 thru April 30
Also in the Community Park, Driftwood Water Adventures offer rentals of kayaks and paddleboards, for more information on these rentals please visit www.driftwoodwateradventures.com
Quaker Penn Park Boat Ramp: **NEW FEES AND INFO FOR THE 2019 SEASON**
At Quaker Penn Park there is boat ramp allowing users access to the scenic Delaware River, to use this facility a launch permit is required which can be purchased for Daily Use or Seasonal Use. The season pass offers unlimited access to launch from our facility during the boating season, approximately April 15 thru October 15th. Season Passes must be purchased at the Township Building in the Finance Office, prices are $80 -Falls Township Residents and $155 -Non Residents. FOR 2019, ALL 2018 SEASONAL PASS HOLDERS WILL RECEIVE A 25% DISCOUNT OFF THE 2019 FEE. DAILY PASSES WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE ONLINE 24 HOURS, 7 DAYS A WEEK. CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD ONLY. VISIT WWW.FALLSTWP.COM, GO TO THE PARKS AND RECREATION PAGE AND CLICK IN THE LINK "QUAKER PENN BOAT RAMP PASS" TO PURCHASE A DAILY PASS. THE DAILY PASS IS ONLY GOOD FOR A 24 HOUR PERIOD FROM PURCHASE. THE COST OF AN ONLINE DAILY PASS IS $15.00. The following Rules and Regulations apply for the use of the Quaker Penn Park Boat Ramp:
1. PERMITS ARE REQUIRED for use of this facility. Seasonal passes must be purchased at the township building in the Finance Office. daily passes must be purchased online only. Debir or Credit Card only (VISA and MC)
2. Seasonal passes must be clearly displayed through the front window of the tow vehicle with all information facing out so as can be clearly read through the front window.
3. Motor vehicles are permitted on the ramp for the sole purpose of launching and retrieveing watercraft and MUST be removed immediately therafter.
4. Watercraft may remain at the floating dock as long as is necessary to load or discharge passengers or supplies.
5. Watercraft must not exceed a speed greater than 5 MPH in the no wake zone at the ramp area, this zone extends out 100 feet from the shoreline.
6. All watercraft owners will be held fully responsible for any damage cause to property - public or private- by their watercraft under anyone's operation.
7. Craft requiring Pennsylvania state registration must be registeres prior to use of the facility.
8. All discarded trash, litter, bottles, papers, etc must be placed in the proper trash receptacles located in the area.
9. Swimming or bathing in the vicinty of this facility is prohibited.
10. The docks are set for the use of watercraft only, NO fishing or other activities are permitted from the docks.