Skip to content
How Do I...?

Earth Disturbance Permits

Earth Disturbance Permits


All plans must be uploaded in PDF Format ONLY as one document (not multiple pages) or the submission will be rejected.  A site plan and maximum impervious surface calculation sheet is required for all Building and Zoning permits.

An Earth Disturbance permit is required when any digging is occurring on a residential or non-residential property. 

For residential properties, this includes first floor additions, concrete patios, covered porches, concrete walkways, garages, retaining walls, accessory structures over 500 sq. ft. and ramps.  Post footings for decks are exempt from this requirement.

Residential:  $750 flat fee                                                          Non-residential:  $1,000 application fee

New Single-Family dwellings:  $1,500                                                                     $5,000 escrow fee

 Residential Building permits include:

First floor additions (also need an earth disturbance permit)

Second floor additions – requires signed and sealed plans.

Patio with footings (also need an earth disturbance permit)

Covered patio (also need an earth disturbance permit)

Inground pool (also need an earth disturbance permit)

Above ground pool


Curbs (also need a road opening permit)

Public sidewalks – sidewalk permit is required.

Fence with pool

Residential Electric / Plumbing Permits:  fixtures count listed in description. 

Residential Zoning Only Permits

Accessory Structure under 500 sq. ft.

Driveways only – does not include apron, curbs or sidewalks.

Patio no footings (also need an earth disturbance permit)

Service walks or walkways (also need an earth disturbance permit)

Fence – no pool