Would you like to help guide the future business initiatives, historic preservation, and neighborhood traffic concerns in Falls Township?
Falls Township is seeking volunteers to serve on ten advisory boards. The level of involvement varies, with some bodies meeting on an as-needed basis, while others play a larger or more active role.
Serving on boards, commissions and committees is a great way for residents to stay updated about the topics of greatest interest. Volunteers can take pride in helping to shape their community now and into the future.
Here’s an overview of the various board openings:
Community and Economic Development Commission
• The CEDC works to improve business operations throughout the township.
• The commission began a study of Oxford Valley to better understand future development prospects and possible transportation improvement needs along the Lincoln Highway corridor.
• The commission also collaborated with the Falls Township Board of Supervisors in introducing the “Live Here, Spend Here” campaign in spring 2015. The effort highlights local businesses in Falls Township.
• The commission has two vacancies.
• Terms are five years.
• The Community and Economic Development Commission meets the fourth Thursday of every month at 5:30 p.m.
Disabled Persons Advisory Board
• The five-member board meets on an as-needed basis on the third Thursday of the month at 7 p.m.
• The board has two vacancies for four-year terms.
Historic Architectural Review Board
• The five-member board ensures historic integrity throughout the township.
• The board advises the Falls Township Board of Supervisors in matters such as appropriate land usage, parking facilities and signs, as well as adherence to lot dimensional regulations and minimum structural standards.
• The board also advises owners of historic buildings regarding rehabilitation, repairs, maintenance methods and technologies, adaptive use, economic and tax incentives, and other historic preservation strategies.
• The board has two five-year vacancies – one to be filled by a registered qualified building contractor, and another for a board member.
Historic Preservation Commission
• The five-member commission advises the Falls Township Board of Supervisors in preserving the Township’s rich history.
• The board has four vacancies for five-year terms.
• The commission meets at 7 p.m. on a special schedule.
Environmental Advisory Council
• The EAC is a seven-member board with three-year terms.
• The EAC is committed to protecting the environment and educating residents about modern environmental issues.
• The EAC has one vacancy.
Neighborhood Traffic Advisory Committee
• The Neighborhood Traffic Advisory Committee is a five-member board that meets the second Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m.
• The NTAC is composed of residents and local officials serving as a central point of contact to receive and evaluate neighborhood traffic complaints.
• The NTAC has two vacancies.
Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
• The Parks and Recreation Advisory Board meets the first Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m.
• The board is comprised of seven members.
• Each member serves a five-year term.
• There are two board vacancies: a one-year term; and a five-year term.
Zoning Hearing Board
• The Zoning Hearing Board is a five-member board with five-year terms. The board also is comprised of one alternate member.
• The Zoning Hearing Board meets every second Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.
• The board has an opening for a one-year term for an alternate member.
Shade Tree Commission
• The Shade Tree Commission meets the second Thursday of each month at 5 p.m.
• The commission works to ensure the many social, economic, environmental, and human health benefits of trees for current and future residents through the planting, protection, and preservation of as many trees as possible within Falls Township on public and private property.
• There is one vacancy on the three-member board.
Police Pension Committee
• The Police Pension Committee is a five-member board that meets on an as-needed basis.
• The committee has an opening for a one-year term.
If interested in joining any of these volunteer advisory bodies email a letter of interest to the attention of the Falls Township Supervisors at email@example.com.