It's about that time when I start asking people if they are interested in attending a Citizens Fire Academy to learn basic fire safety and see what it takes to become a fire fighter. This is the 3rd year I am offering this class and hope that I will have the interest to hold one this year. In the previous 2 classes we have discussed:
- What training is involved, and how long does it take to become a certified firefighter? (188 Hours)
- Proper hands on use of a fire extinguisher to extinguish a real fire.
- The 3 township volunteer fire departments did a display of their different equipment and how it worked.
- We did a basic first aid/CPR and AED training.
- Went over basic home safety, including safe cooking, electrical hazards, emergency generators and carbon monoxide, and smoke detectors.
- Went out to a local restaurant and hotel and did an actual fire inspection of the business.
The classes will be held on April 6th, April 20th, May 4th, May 18th, and June 1st. The time will start at 7:00 p.m. and will last approximately 2 hours.
If you are interested, please email me with your name, phone number, and email address so I can put you on the list. As the date gets closer, I will be in contact with you. My email address is email@example.com.
There is no set age for these classes, but believe they are geared for people 13 and up. Also, you do not have to be a resident of Falls Township. I look forward to hearing from you.