2018 Fall Events
Movie Night in the Park "Muppets Most Wanted"
- When: Saturday September 22, 2018
- Time: 8:15 pm
- Falls Township Community Park (Soccer Fields)
- Cost: FREE
- When: Saturday October 27, 2018
- Time: 1-3 pm
- Where: Falls Township Senior Center
- Cost: $1.00 per participant
- Maximum of 125 people
- Pre-registration is required. To register, use your existing Community Pass Account through Capturepoint.
- Games, crafts, snacks, drinks, costume parade(prizes awarded to winners), balloon artist
- For info, contact Barbara Loessy at (215) 949-9000 ext. 221
- All scarecrows must be made from traditional materials including hay or straw. No plastic bags or paper. Scarecrow should be made to be waterproof as they will be displayed outdoors.
- Entry fee is FREE. Entries open to individuals and groups. However, there is a limit of one (1) entry per individual or group.
- Maximum Dimensions: 4' x 6' (includes the base used for mounting into the ground)
- Any theme is allowed (ex: modern, traditional, funny, etc.) However, Parks and Recreation reserves the right to not accept and/or remove any entries deemed to be lewd or ffensive.
- All entries will be judged on creativity, theme, and the overall quality of the display.
- Must have a minimu of (5) entries to hold the contest.
- No flammable, electrical, or battery operated items allowed with a display.
- All displays must be setup on the phase 2 area at the Community Park (lakeside) on the peninsula area on Saturday October 6, 2018 between the hours of 10 am-1 pm. We ask all applicants to be prepared to mount your display. However, we will have staff and/or volunteers on site to assist if necessary.
- Scarecrows will be on display from October 6-October 31. Displays will be available for pickup on November 1. The Park and Recreation Board will be judging the entries the week beginning October 29th prior to October 31st.
- Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Prizes will be presented at a future Board of Supervisors meeting.
- Please email Brian Andrews at email@example.com to enter the contest.